Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Myrtle Beach

We had the most amazing time in Myrtle Beach! It has taken me so long to post the pictures, because I had to weed through all 350ish of them...ha! Yes, I love my camera. I will let the pictures tell the story of our vacation. Many great memories were made!


J&P took their first plane ride. Jake loved it and was completely entertained by looking out the window and watching a movie on the Iphone. Paige, on the other hand, was entertained by candy, stickers, and more candy. Did I mention candy? She even threw a few big screaming fits when she had to get buckled for the take-off and landing. Needless to say, I sure did enjoy that glass of wine once we got to Myrtle Beach...ha! I needed it.

We saw this sting ray being reeled in by a fisherman.
This baby shark washed up on the shore next to Brad. It was still alive, but looked wounded.

Awww....ya we still got it.
Jim, Chandra, Brad, and I went parasailing. Jake went along for the ride. It was amazing! I will post those pictures later. They are really good!
Uncle John and Aunt Diana who so graciously hosted us all week!

We had so much fun burying eachother in the sand!

The guys and Aunt Diana played golf. I hope that next time we go back I will be good enough to play. Myrtle Beach has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the country!


Nana watched the kids a couple of nights, so we could hit the town! Here we are sitting on the back deck of the Dead Dog Saloon enjoying the view of the beach.

On our last day Aunt Diana took Mom, Paige, and me to Charleston. We took a horse drawn carriage through the historical sites. We toured an old southern mansion that was just breath-taking! I love the south!

Here's my southern belle on the balcony of the mansion.


Back from vacation, Back to reality!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! What a great trip! Loved the buried in sand pictures... did Paige like being confined like that? :)

    Glad you guys had such a good time and created so many great memories... sounds like a wonderful place!

    Look at you in your bikini! Hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to get away and rest on the seashore. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for great family vacations (especially those to the beach)! As many times as we've been to the beach, we've never buried each other (I'm too afraid of sand getting in places it shouldn't be)...glad you did it! *wink*

    Hope your adjustment back to reality goes smoothly (I always feel like I need a vacation from my vacation).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time! You're lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete