Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wicked

We saw the play Wicked this afternoon with the Poets. It was really good....very well written and super entertaining! It's the untold story of what happens in Oz before Dorothy.

Random piece of info:

We even saw Trisha Yearwood there. I was star struck, but no one in my group would allow me to talk to her...ha! It was probably best. Everyone left her alone, and I'm sure she appreciated that. I have always liked her. The song that made her famous was...."She's in love with the boy" and it had my name in it. "Katie and Tommy at the drive in movies parked in the very last row...." Remember that one?


Thanks to G&P for watching the kids! It was a much needed date!

2 comments:

  1. I've always felt a little closer to Garth. After all, he was married to Sandy (my maiden name) and then married Trisha. Ha!

    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so the Garth memories begin?

    I've seen him in concert 4 times. The first time was in 1990, when I was 15. My older cousin snuck me into a bar (hole in the wall) in Rush Springs, OK. (think Tumbleweed, only 1/10th of the size) It was a huge thrill to get through the bouncer.

    There was this guy singing covers of Alan Jackson, Chris LeDoux and George Strait. Then he played "Much too Young to Feel this Damn Old." It had gotten a little radio play up to that point. Tina (my cous) and I turned to each other and said, "Oh, that's who that guy is."

    After that night, I heard his new stuff everywhere. And became infatuated for awhile...

    ReplyDelete