Friday, August 7, 2009

Inner Peace

I took the kids to the pool today and as I'm watching them play I start to think about the summer. I think I can say without a doubt this has been the best summer I've ever had! Why? Well, I think it has to do with an inner peace I have. For the last 6 summers, I have either been:
*obsessed with trying to get pregnant
*actually being pregnant
*having a newborn
*trying to loose the baby weight (and not wanting to be in a swimsuit)
*having a toddler
*working around feeding and nap time
***Now, repeat the last 6 things over again for baby number 2!

This summer has been amazing! Both of the kids are old enough to actually enjoy swimming and other summer activities without me having to worry about the items listed above. We just "go and do" all the time and just have a blast! I have really enjoyed watching them play together now that Paige is old enough to talk and do most of the same things that Jake can do. They really are the best of friends. My heart melts when I see them laughing and playing. God has truly blessed me with this great life, and I'm so thankful for what he has given me. I have always longed to be a wife and mother. I am leading the life I always wanted.

I made a goal at the beginning of the summer to fully enjoy my kids. For most of the summer, my house has been messy. Right now, I have dirty dishes in the dishwasher that need to be unloaded. My bed isn't made. Toys are everywhere. But, do I regret taking my kids to the pool today instead of making this a "clean up" day? NO WAY!

As school starts next week and summer comes to an end, I will know that I did everything I could this summer to enjoy my beautiful children.....without regrets.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Katie! This is exactly how I feel this summer.

    It has been a great one, now that babyhood is leaving the building. This summer has definately cemented our 2 kids decision.

    Glad to hear that you are so happy and at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a better summer for us too for a lot of the same reasons. What a great post Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post - looking forward to those days. Don't want to wish away infancy, but it is hard!

    ReplyDelete