Thursday, August 13, 2009

1st day of Kindergarten

This morning Jake was really nervous about starting Kindergarten. I thought he would be OK since we had already met his teacher, but the nerves set back in for Jake (and Mommy.) He wouldn't even eat his breakfast. Brad was off work this morning, so he was able to go with me to take Jake to school. I think that really helped!
By the time we picked Jake up today he was so happy! He hopped in the car and told us school was "awesome!" He said his favorite part of the day was eating in the cafeteria. They served hotdogs today. I wish that I could have seen him walking with his tray to the table like a big boy!
Jake and his teacher, Mrs. Schuler.

I am so thankful his day went well. I thought about him all day and wondered what he was doing. I think this is going to be a great year for him! He's excited about the Mac N Cz in the cafeteria tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. So glad he loved it! What a relief for Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a big transition for them and for us moms!

    ReplyDelete