Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scrapbooking


I have a love/hate relationship with scrapbooking. This is what scrapbooking has done to my dining room. It has completely taken over! This is what I dislike about scrapbooking....it's messy, time consuming, and very expensive. But, I LOVE the finished product! It's fun to go back and look at all the work I've done. My kids love looking at their scrapbooks too. I will be that 80 year old women in the nursing home flipping back through all of them. I like to say that these are my kid's books, but actually they are MINE! I'm not sure I can give them up!
I have thought about doing digital scrapbooks, but I'm not sure it's as personal. I have actually done one for a vacation we took last year. It turned out really cute, but I don't like it as much as I would if I had done all the work myself. Someday, digital may be the way to go for me, but for now I will cut and paste to my little heart's content.

4 comments:

  1. wow! look at all of that gear! what a good mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave it up because if I brought it all out, my kids would destroy it...maybe one day I can start again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugggg....I am so behind! The last page I did was Paige's first birthday- and I have done nothing for David! Oh the shame! Can't wait to see your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a room in my house where I can leave all of my tools out. It is such a pain to get them out, put them away, get them out, put them away, just to scrap for a few minutes. I need a dedicated space. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete