Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daddy Time/Husband Time

Brad has a few days off this week, and it's been GREAT! We got to have a lunch date without kids today at a new steak restaurant by our house. It was yummy! Then, another miracle happened....we both got to take a nap this afternoon before picking up the kids. Oh, that was even better than lunch!

Here's a few pictures of Jake's Daddy time today...

Fishing Buddies



Reeling it in....

What a catch!


Then it was time for homework...

When Brad picked up Jake from preschool today his teacher said that he didn't want to finish filling out his 100's chart. Jake is a good student, a people pleaser, and always wants to do his best. But, I have noticed that he is also a perfectionist and gets very frustrated when he can't do something perfect. When I asked him why he didn't want to fill out his 100's chart he said, "I'm too slow." So, Brad took on the task of helping him fill it out.

And, here is the super star student with the 100's chart all filled out!


In other BIG news....
This little lady peed on the potty for the 1st time!!!
We bought her a potty seat a few weeks ago and showed her where it was in the bathroom, but never did anything else to encourage her. She has been telling us for a while now when she goes in her diaper. Every morning I wake up to, "Mommy, I pee pee diaper!" I knew the potty training was around the corner, but I wasn't quite ready. I loathe, and I mean LOATHE public bathrooms!! I am not ready to take my princess to every public potty in Tulsa, but I guess she is telling us otherwise. Is she actually potty training herself???? I have heard of this, but never believed it. Only time will tell....

2 comments:

  1. your day was much more pleasant than mine... much more. :) glad you guys had fun! let the potty training begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet girl! And a nap? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete