Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thomas

Meet Thomas. My kids love this dog! They want this dog. They are obsessed with him. He belongs to my mom and she had to bring him with her last weekend when she came to watch the kids. This is the first time a dog has ever been in my house. I'm not really a dog lover. Don't judge me. I don't like my feet being licked. I don't like dog hair. I don't like the annoying barking. I don't like the idea of having to "potty train" yet another being. Frankly, I don't want the responsibility. I have enough on my plate with my two kids.

Ok, I've caved. All that being said above we are going to have to get our kids a dog. They need a dog. I guess I've been convinced that all children need an animal to love and according to Jake a fish doesn't count. We've had 4 fish, which have all gone to pet heaven. Jake has decided that fish aren't really pets because you can't "pet" them. I guess I would have to agree.

We are looking for the perfect dog, if one exist. Our plan is to ask Santa for one next Christmas. This gives us plenty of time to adjust to our new house and research what kind of dog would be perfect for us.....


In the meantime, they will just have to play with Thomas.

2 comments:

  1. or... you could get one now and potty-train him/her on the carpets in this house. :)

    i betcha a dollar you become a dog lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who let the grandparents pets substitute as our own, haha...it's a win/win to me!

    ReplyDelete