Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ready for Summer

It's only they beginning of January, but I'm already craving the smell of suntan lotion and chlorine. I am not particularly fond of this time of year. I think it has to do with my teaching days. Third nine weeks was awful....back from a two week Christmas break with no days off until Spring break. With teaching 3rd grade, this time of year was always about preparing for state testing. I almost became ill last Sunday night when I was preparing Jake for his first day back. I was thinking that if I was still a teacher I would have to be going back the next day too. Didn't mean to get on the whole "I'm glad I'm not a teacher" kick....it just came out! Sorry!

Back to summer...I need sunshine. This cold, icy weather is making me grumpy. It probably doesn't help that my Christmas tree is still up, and I have toys scattered everywhere that have no place yet. I love to be bundled up and cozy right up until Christmas day, and then I'm ready for the pool. It is supposed to get Arctic cold tonight. Like zero degrees! The kids don't even have school tomorrow because of the freezing temps.

Tomorrow I am going to daydream about warmer weather. Our trip to Vegas in March. The Jimmy Buffett concert in April. Laying by the pool with my Sonic drink. The beach. Tank tops. Flip flops. Sunglasses. Shorts....Oh, wait. I hate shorts. Sundresses. The lake. Watermelon.

Summer also means more time with my honey. Residency over. One whole month off. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Oh summer, where are you?

    Ditto, watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my flip flops miss me and i miss them. but no ditto on the watermelon. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're soooo close to the end! WOO HOO!! Let us know how it feels on "the other side"! And I'm normally a fall / spring fan (this redhead doesn't do sunshine much) but even I am ready for some warm weather to finally thaw out!!

    ReplyDelete