Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Bro

Twenty-eight years ago I became a big sister. I was only five years old, but I remember that night very clearly. My dad woke me up in the middle of the night, wrapped me in a blanket, and put me in the car. I was so confused! I woke up the next morning in a strange bed that had a picture of Jesus right above it. I was at the Jones' house, friends of my parents. Mrs. Jones woke me up and told me my dad was on the phone. He told me that I had a little brother and I got very sad. I really, really wanted a sister!!! I laid back in bed and looked up at that picture of Jesus and said to myself, "I'm going to love my baby brother anyway."

And, that is just what I did!!


This quote pretty much sums up how I feel about Jay....

The mildest, drowsiest girl has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.

Clara Ortega

No comments:

Post a Comment