Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Jake

Six years ago my whole life changed.
I became something that I had always longed to be....a MOTHER.

How could the big boy that is sitting next to me as I type right now ever have been in my tummy?

Is it possible that it's the same boy who stole my heart from the moment he was born?

Is it possible that it's the same boy who watched the OSU bowl game in the hospital the day after he was born?

Jake has always been such a special child. He is the light of my life and he brings a smile to my face everyday.

My boy loves water...the swimming pool, the lake, the ocean, or the tiny plastic pool we have in our backyard.

He loves to play outside whether it's hot or cold.

He is a great big brother. He loves, cuddles, and protects his baby sister.

My boy loves to fish!!!


And, he loves OSU and shoots OU flags with his Pistol Pete gun. ( I love it)


He has always been my cuddle bug. He still likes to lay with me on the couch and watch TV. He still gives me hugs and kisses and tells me, "Mama, I just love you so much." Oh, it melts my heart.



He is Daddy's little shadow. He looks up to Brad and wants to be just like him. I probably hear 100 times a day..."When is Daddy coming home?" Their bond is incredible.

My boy loves Star Wars, Batman, and all kinds of superheros.

Six years ago God blessed us with a precious gift we named Jake. My mom always told me that a mother has a special bond with their first child. Not that mothers don't love their other children as much, but their first child is what made them a MOM!!!




Happy 6th Birthday sweet, precious, loving boy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. still haven't had hayes call yet. obviously. :) he has been down with high fever since saturday.

    hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete