Friday, October 9, 2009

Straight Face


In Kindergarten Jake has a folder that comes home daily. Each day the teacher assigns a happy face, a straight face, or a sad face. Today my sweet boy got a straight face. Yep, that's right. I guess she finally figured out that he's not perfect. Ha! The first thing out of this mouth when getting in the car after school was "Mama, I have to show you my folder. It's not a happy face." He was pretty upset, and I had to give him the whole "everyone makes mistakes" speech. I thought that would be the end of it, but when we got home he pulled out his folder and kept staring at his straight face, and as soon as Brad walked in the door he showed him too. Poor guy....if the worst thing that happens to him is getting a straight face in Kindergarten then we will be the luckiest parents alive!

And this morning he thought it was gonna be a great day, because he got to wear his new Star Wars shirt....

In case you are wondering....he got the straight face for playing with the birthday crown of the little boy sitting next to him after the teacher told the class to leave the crown alone.

3 comments:

  1. Not too bad :). AJ came home yesterday with a "yellow light note". He was turning the light switch in the boys bathroom on and off. And it too was the first thing he said when I picked him up from school. BOYS!!!

    Love the Star Wars shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a yellow day this week too. Hayes started crying as soon as he saw me when I picked him up. He was so upset. Something about argiung in art and being in a hurry. :)

    Is it just my computer or is there something up with your background?

    ReplyDelete