Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ready to Pop

As I sit here on the eve of Paige's birthday I can't help but think back. Two years ago tonight I was pregnant and ready to POP! Jake was getting ready to be a big brother, and Brad and I were preparing to meet our baby girl. I wasn't nervous, just anxious to meet her. I wanted to know that she was healthy and beautiful. And, of course, she was both!

All the grandparents came up the night before and we ate at Hideaway Pizza. I will never forget putting Jake to bed that night thinking that the next day he wouldn't be an only child. He would have a baby sister to hold. I went to bed around 10:00, but couldn't sleep. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning, so I got up around 4:00. You know me, I had to shower, put on make-up, and curl my hair. I wanted to look perfect when I met my daughter!

I love the whole experience of the actual "birth" day. The grandparents anxiously waiting, the calls from friends, the smell of people eating take-out even though you can't have any, crunching ice chips, and finally the nurse calling the doctor to come deliver. My doctor didn't actually have to do any work. I didn't even have to push....Paige just fell out. Giving birth comes very easily for me...ha!

Now, for a good laugh....I am posting some pregnant pictures.

This is me at my baby shower.



Jake used to always sit on my belly and push on my stomach. Then he would say, "I help Sissy grow." He must have seen Dr. Nilson or Brad do that. Too funny!

Only 6 days before Paige was born!

Now, I am going to go give my sleeping almost 2 year old a kiss.

2 comments:

  1. My 5 week old just grew out of his newborn diapers!
    How do they grow before your eyes??

    Happy Birthday to Paige :)

    ReplyDelete