Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pictures, Pictures, and more Pictures

I just love to take pictures of my kids!!! My camera always sits on my kitchen counter so that I can grab it at a moment's notice. I also love to take them to a studio and have pictures made. The process is not always fun. It makes me sweat, get worked up, cuss under my breath, and almost have a breakdown, but the end result is usually worth fighting for. I like to go to the mall to have pictures made, because I can treat the kids and myself to a cookie afterwards. A little bit of sugar always helps!

On Sunday Brad and I took Paige to get her 2 year pictures made. Of course, she danced around, did somersaults, got behind the backdrop, and would not stand still even for a second. The photographer was one that we've never had before, and he didn't know how to handle her. I wasn't satisfied with the end product, so I scheduled another setting for Tuesday. She did much better and I LOVED all the pictures that we got!

Jake, on the other hand, is a photographer's dream. He just stands there with his bright blue eyes sparkling and does every pose they ask him to. We are in and out of the studio in 15 minutes loving every picture. I think we dropped a small fortune on his 5 year pictures.

Below are a few of the pictures from Paige's 2 year setting and Jake's 5 year setting (which was in January.)





We also took Easter pictures today with live bunnies! They each got to hold one and the picture turned out super cute! I will post it as soon as I get it back.

5 comments:

  1. Sooo cute- and glad the 2nd time was better! We need to get the girls scheduled! (ha! can you imagine the two of them?! The photographer is going to need more than a little sugar when we are done!) ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the third one of Paige... I thought the one from the first go-around was cute too!

    I love that it gets you all riled up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pics of the kids are the one thing that I splurge on....these of Paige and Jake are so sweet (I love that Jake is so cooperative). Have you been very successful in capturing a good photo of the two of them *together*? If so, what is your secret (I can't get Josiah and Laney to look in the same direction much less right at the camera)?

    And LIVE bunnies...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the pics - I can't wait to get some of all 3 of mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you take them? We struggle sometimes with pictures and I really want some good ones for her 2nd birthday!!

    ReplyDelete