Sunday, December 5, 2010

T-Town Quickie

We headed to Tulsa on Friday afternoon and made our annual stop at Montag Photography for our Santa pictures. I just can't help it. Yes, it was worth the 2 hour drive. We've taken Santa pics there since Jake's first Christmas, and the kids get to spend "quality" time with Santa. The picture turned out really cute! To my surprise both kids were really shy and didn't want to say much to good ole' St. Nick, but finally Paige told Santa she wanted a wooden donut....not sure where that came from??? Jake said he wanted Luke's Landspeeder from StarWars.

After our Santa visit we ate at Pei Wei. This alone was worth the drive. Since it was Friday night the line was almost out the door, but I stood my ground. We were eating there no matter what. I thought about Pei Wei all week knowing we would eat there, and it did not disappoint. YUMMY!

Since we had to pack in as much as we could in our 24 hour visit, we went to Bass Pro after dinner and let the kids play. They had games set up and little places to take pictures. It's so unlike me, but I didn't bring my camera, so the fabulous grainy picture that is below was taken on my iphone. We topped off the night with icecream from Marble Slab before heading to the hotel.


Brad worked doing physicals on Saturday, so the kids and I were on our own. I was able to celebrate an early birthday lunch with some friends at Los Cabos while J&P went to Hannah's for a playdate. (Thank you Joy for sharing your sitter!) It was great to see everyone and catch up.

It was a whirlwind trip to T-Town, but it was filled with good food and great friends!

1 comment: