Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy, Busy

I realize that I've not been blogging as much as I used to. Funny how when you move to a small town you seem to stay busier. At least that's the case with me. So, I'm going to try and update more often, even if it's just about our uneventful day.

Today was a good day! After both kids were at school I headed to a committee meeting, which I'm super excited about. Mary Fallin is going to have a pre-inaugural ball right here in Ponca City! This is so exciting because Tulsa and OKC are the only other cities that are hosting one as well. I'm on the food committee, which is the perfect job for me! Ponca City has so much interesting history behind it, and this will just add to it. I can't wait to be apart of history when we host this event for the first woman Governor of Oklahoma!

Then I headed to Jake's school to help out with Santa's Shop. This is where students get to go buy little gifts for family members. It was so much fun helping those little kiddos pick out gifts, and to see how excited they would get when they found the perfect one.

Jake just happened to be on the playground as I was leaving, so I got to watch him play. He was so excited to see me, and that felt good. My heart aches at the thought of being ignored someday. It will happen. I'm certain. But, not today!

When Brad got home from work we took the kids to eat dinner. Paige is so much easier to take out then she used to be. It reminds me that she's not a baby anymore. She's a big girl that can actually sit through a meal and not get in trouble. Just look at her sweet smile!

A night in Ponca is not complete without going to the lake to look at Christmas lights. There is a beautiful display that you drive through, and I do mean beautiful! At the end they give everyone in the car a candy cane. This has become a family ritual.

Busy Day=Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment