Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We decorated a bit early this year. I have to admit that we had our trees up before Thanksgiving. That's a first for us! I really did enjoy coming home from Thanksgiving day in OKC knowing that my decorating was done.

Notice I said trees! We put up two trees this year.
There's a Mommy tree and a kid tree.

My tree is decorated in black, silver, and red.
I have always wanted a fancy tree and this year I got it!

The kids decorated their tree with all our family ornaments. It's so special to see all the ornaments that we've collected over the years. I have a lot of ornaments that were mine as a child, which my Nony made. They are super special to me. Then we have all the ornaments that Jake and Paige pick out every year. It's fun to see each year how their interests have changed by the ornament that they pick. This tree is by far more fun to decorate!

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care....

My Willow Tree nativity, which I bought this year.
The Little People nativity set was the only nativity we had,
so I figured it was time to get a grownup one!

My display of Santa pictures starting from Jake's 1st Christmas.


The holidays have definitely begun in our household!
I'm looking forward to all the family celebrations.

5 comments:

  1. I love the concept of having two trees--a fancy one for you and a family one for the kids! I also love the Willow Tree Nativity...I've been dreaming of one for a while...but we just don't have anywhere-out of reach of little hands-to put it. And the jammies are very cute--something I give the kids every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas decor! Beautiful! I was just looking at that very same nativity set the other day. I love it, thinking I could get it next year to complete our holiday spirit. Great job on the entire house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely! I also would love to do two trees. That would solve the problem of what to do with the special ornaments when I really want the big tree to have a theme... hmmmn (wheels a'turning!). Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete