Friday, July 3, 2009

Little Firecrackers

My little firecrackers would like to wish everyone a safe and happy Fourth of July!

I absolutely love this holiday. The food, the lake, the entertainment, and the fireworks are all so much fun, but the real reason we celebrate this holiday makes me so proud! I have always been patriotic, but after 9/11 it became "real" for me. I understood why America is such a great place to live. When I hear the Lee Greenwood song, "Proud to be an American" it almost brings tears to my eyes, because it reminds me of all the great reasons our country is free. Our service men and women deserve so much respect, and I am so grateful that they are putting their lives on the line for us.

This year while you are celebrating with friends and family please say a prayer for our nation and the people who love and protect it. God Bless the USA!!!!

2 comments: