Monday, May 25, 2009

50 things about me...well maybe 100

In honor of my 50th post.....I never imagined the fun I would have blogging. It's not something I ever thought I would do, but it has been eye opening. It's a great way to vent, keep family/friends updated, and believe it or not....I've learned a few things about myself. This season in my life will go by way too fast, and I want to have a record of all the fun we are having. So, enjoy my list.....grab a drink and a snack. It may take awhile...

P.S. I started by only doing 50, but I just couldn't seem to stop!

1. Last Friday, May 22, was my 10 year anniversary.

2. I married my college sweetheart in a beautiful Catholic ceremony.

3. I didn't grow up Catholic, but decided to convert.

4. I have 3 brothers... 2 older, one younger. We are very close.

5. I went to UCO my first year of college and have always regretted it.

6. I went to OSU my sophomore year and pledged a sorority.(Theta)

7. I was not really a sorority chick, but I did meet some great people because of it.

8. My mom was also a Theta at OSU and it was very special to have her at my initiation.

9. I love to go to Sonic happy hour!

10. My favorite place to eat is Outback Steakhouse.

11. I always thought we would have more children, but we are stopping at two.

12. I am very happy being the mother of two children.

13. I was a 3rd grade teacher for 7 years before staying home after Paige was born.

14. I loved teaching my first couple of years, but after I had Jake I wanted to stay home. Teaching was no longer a priority for me, but a necessity.

15. The first two years Brad was in med school were very rough on me, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

16. I love newborn babies. I could hold a newborn all day, and I did with my two kids.

17. My first airplane ride was on my honeymoon. We went to Cancun.

18. I have always lived in Oklahoma and always will. ( I hope anyway)

19. I grew up in a small town and couldn't wait to get out. As I get older, I want to go back to a small town.

20. We will raise our kids in Ponca City when Brad is done with residency.

21. We were married 4 years before Brad started Med school, and 4 1/2 years before having kids. I will always cherish those 4 years that it was just us.

22. I miss the quiet of the country, and can't wait to be closer to my family on the Ranch.

23. I will miss Tulsa, but only because of the shopping, the restaurants, and my dear friends that I have made here.

24. I thought we would live here forever, but God had other plans.

25. I played high school basketball and hated every minute of it. I felt pressure to play because I was tall. I quit my senior year and it was awesome!

26. I was a cheerleader in high school and loved it. I loved to tumble and was pretty good at it.

27. The last back-hand-spring that I did was 4 years ago for my students. My back hurt for a week.

28. My dream vacation is Hawaii. Brad has promised to take me there on our 15 year anniversary.

29. My favorite vacation was to St. Lucia that we took last year with 3 other couples. I will always remember that trip. It was by far the prettiest place I've been to.

30. I can't wait to take my kids to Disney World.

31. I love going to the lake, and hope to someday have a boat.

32. I love going to the movies.

33. I can't go to the movies without getting popcorn and a diet coke.

34. We are going to Canada this summer for my little brother's wedding. We will be gone 10 days. I am nervous about the plane ride with two small children.

35. I believe in miracles.

36. I love the radio and certain songs bring back memories.....good or bad.

37. I don't like being the center of attention.

38. I am definitely more of a follower than a leader. But, I have to believe in what I'm following.

39. I am doing my dream job...I'm a domestic engineer.

40. I love to cook, but hate the mess it makes.

41. I wish my house were clean all the time, but it's impossible. I do my best.

42. I loved Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch dolls, and Care bears growing up. I love that it's all come back and now Paige likes those things too.

43. I love to watch Brad play with the kids. I could sit and watch it all day. The horsie back rides are the best.

44. My hair color has always been blonde. Naturally until I was 17 then the bottle took over...every 6-8 weeks!

45. I am learning to play golf.

46. My dream is that we will play golf every Sunday afternoon as a family. Jake is taking lessons with me. Then Paige will in a few years.

47. I love nice purses. Coach is my favorite.

48. I love to outlet shop.

49. I have a sweet tooth. Brownies, cookies, cakes, ice cream....you name it.

50. I hate tomatoes, coconut, sometimes onions, black olives, and seafood.

51. My favorite thing to wear is jeans, a tank top, and flip flops.

52. I would like to cut my long hair, but probably never will.

53. I love giving people nicknames.

54. The only thing I drink are water and diet coke.

55. I hope to take a family vacation every year.

56. I would rather have one nice outfit then 3 cheap ones that I don't like as much.

57. I worry a lot.

58. I am a good girlfriend. I treat people like I want to be treated.

59. I still have a crush on my husband.

60. The first thing I noticed about him was his backside. I still notice it.

61. We talked on the phone for 3 hours one night and then had our first date. We've been inseparable ever since.

62. Brad is in the same fraternity as my dad was in college.

63. My little brother, Jay, also joined the AGR house 5 years later.

64. My favorite piece of jewelry, other than my wedding ring, is a diamond cross necklace that Brad bought me the day we found out I was pregnant with Paige. I will give it to her someday.

65. I sing and dance with my kids daily. We mostly jam to country.

66. I DVR all my TV shows. I don't know how I survived all those years without it.

67. My favorite shows are Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, The Hills, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice.

68. I never liked to study, but I loved college.

69. My favorite snack is a granola bar.

70. I love to hang out with my mom. She's a great shopping partner and a easy person to talk to.

71. My dad is the best advice giver I know.

72. I can't wait to have a toy room in our new house.

73. I love Carrie Underwood. I voted for her every week on Idol.

74. I want to lead a life without regrets.

75. I don't like to take risks.

76. I love to take pictures, especially of my kids.

77. My ideal alone time is getting a pedicure while sipping a Sonic diet coke and reading my US weekly magazine. This does happen, but not often enough.

78. I will never have an iphone. I am on the computer enough as it is. I don't need access all the time. That could be dangerous.

79. I haven't mowed a lawn since I married Brad. He wants to do it.

80. I hate working out at the Gym. I like to take walks instead.

81. I have read the entire Twilight series. There are 4 books.

82. I do not like to camp. Sleeping on the grass with mosquitoes buzzing is not my idea of a good time.

83. I miss my little brother who lives in Canada. I sometimes still think of him as a little boy because he was 13 years old when I left for college.

84. OSU homecoming is my favorite weekend of the year.

85. I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas. Lots of food and family, but no pressure of gifts.

86. I love to cook out and have people over for dinner.

87. Fall is my favorite season.

88. I will never drive a minivan. Nothing against people who do. It's just not me.

89. I am excited to get a new sister-in-law when Jay marries Steph.

90. I have one nephew, Grant, who is only 2 months older than Paige. Love him!!

91. I am still waiting on a niece/nephew from my brothers.

92. I would rather load the dishwasher than unload it.

93. I am looking forward to getting season tickets for OSU football and basketball....someday.

94. I get a tingly feeling when I pull into Stillwater.

95. My dad was Pistol Pete.

96. I have a hardworking husband who I appreciate every day.

97. I still rock my baby girl even though she's 2. When she gets tired she says, "Mama, rock."

98. I am obsessed with lotion. I must use it every time I wash my hands or after swimming. I have been that way ever since I was a kid.

99. My childhood pets were a cat named Tiger and a horse named Buddy.

100. I HAVE to brush my teeth and wash my face at night or I can't go to sleep.

There you have it folks. Hope you enjoyed learning all the random facts about me! Did I really just come up with 100 facts? I thought I wouldn't be able to come up with 50.

4 comments:

  1. What a great list! I learned so many things about you. Thought about you wjen I got a pedicure in Ponca this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it interesting, that those of us who were raised in a small town, wanted out so badly, but now can't wait to return to one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that was a fun read! I still "rock, rock" with Josiah each night before bed, and he's almost 3. And if you want a newborn to hold (it is by far my least favorite time of having a baby), I can ship one up around Thanksgiving. *wink*

    ReplyDelete