Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Am I really that old?

I went to the mall today to buy some new jeans. I love jeans! I wear them all the time, even in the summer. I always like to see what new styles are out, but I always end up buying the same brand. BKE from the Buckle are my favorite!

As I'm strolling Paige around a guy comes up to help me. He asked me what I was looking for. I told him that I like low cut jeans as long as my crack isn't hanging out. He responded by saying, "All the moms say that." Then he showed me a pair of jeans that I already own, and when I told him that I already had those jeans he said, "That doesn't surprise me. All our moms like those because you can buy a smaller size in them." I seriously wanted to punch his 2o year old face out!

I know I'm in my 30's, but I never consider myself as being old and someone who would be in the category of "old mom who likes a certain type of jean."

I love my kids and they are my life. I love being called Mommy, but when I go shopping I want to be a fashionable chick who just happens to have 2 kids!

7 comments:

  1. What a lot of nerve!!!! You're a hot mama- never mind his random comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs a lesson in customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I cannot believe he said that! And for what it's worth, if we were to meet, I know I would think you were a fashionable chick that just happened to have 2 kids...you don't seem like the 'mom jean' type. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. you love jeans, i hate them. it has to do with the mommy tummy and you do not have it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a jerk, he doesn't get it - prob never will, lol.
    You have great taste...I've been drooling over a pair of buckle jeans myself!!
    I also really like Gap's new "really straight" jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up on your blog. This post made me laugh out loud - love your humor! I feel the same way, but right now I still have 20 pounds of baby weight to get off before I am out of that category!

    ReplyDelete