Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Leaving T-Town

As I was on the phone yesterday with my friend Joy I realized that this is our last summer in Tulsa. I started to get really sad. We started our lives here. We were married here. Both of us got our first "real" jobs here. We bought our first house here. We started Med school here. We had two babies here. We did residency here. We have celebrated many Christmas and birthday's here. Almost all of our married memories have been here in Tulsa. We didn't know one person when we moved here 9 years ago, but we made a life for ourselves, and one that I am very proud of. We have great friends that I will miss desperately. It makes me sad to think that Jake and Paige will probably never really remember living in Tulsa. I love Tulsa, and it will always be special to me.

I know moving to Ponca is the right thing for our family, but it doesn't mean that I won't be sad at first. I am not a person who likes major changes. I am a nester. My plan is to move into our beautiful new home in Ponca City and never move out. I want my grand kids to visit us there. I want roots. I want Jake and Paige to be able to come home from college and sleep in their bedrooms that they grew up in. I want them to be proud of where they came from.

This is not at all what I sat down to write about, but there you have it. Leaving Tulsa to start a new chapter in our lives will be here before we know it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm all teary eyed! We'll miss you when you move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good memories you'll take with you. Think of all of the ones you'll make in Ponca. And you've already got a head start there with having family and friends waiting on you to get there!

    Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting new chapter you are about to open!!! I'm sorry you're sad to leave.

    ReplyDelete