Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Move

So, it's been a while since my last post. I've been a little busy moving...ha! Let me start off my saying that I have the BEST FRIENDS ever! I was super emotional during the last few days in Tulsa. My friends took me under their wing and helped me in any way they could. The Wooderson's had us over for dinner when our house was in boxes. Joy picked up Paige on Friday (the day we moved) and took her to dance, and then took her back to her house to play with Hannah, so I could get the last few things done. Michelle came over on moving day and helped me clean. Many other friends helped out too, so thank you girls for everything!

We arrived in Ponca on Friday evening around 6:00. Becky had stocked my refrigerator with food, and had prepared four meals that just had to be thrown in the oven. Did I say that I had the BEST FRIENDS ever!!! I really do mean it. Seriously. I am so lucky! That night we also went to dinner with 6 other couples who are destined to be our great friends. They were so welcoming and were genuinely happy for us to be apart of their group. More than ever, I feel like this is where we were meant to be. God has placed us in a community that is just as excited for us to be here as we are.

We have now been here a week and are settling in just fine. Becky has been here everyday helping me put away stuff and organizing. What would I do without her? We've been friends since 1st grade, and it's so fun to finally live in the same city again.

The best thing that has happened this week is Jake LOVES his new school. I mean LOVES it! He was really nervous and every time we talked about moving he would say, "Mommy, my tummy hurts when you talk about my new school." So, for months now we have been dreading having him change schools at the end of the year, but we really didn't have a choice. It was a big relief when we picked him up and he said, "Mommy, I love my new school!!" Wow, God really did have a plan for us. Jake has already met so many new friends that he can play with all summer.

Jake and Paige have had an easy transition too. Their bedrooms are upstairs, and they have been troopers about going to bed and sleeping up there by themselves. I broke out the old baby monitors and have them hooked up in their rooms so that if they need me I would be able to hear them. Paige says about 100 times a day, "We don't live in Jenks anymore. We live in Ponca City." She's a little obsessed with that phrase. Neither one of them have asked about our old house. They feel at home here, just like Brad and I do. Not to say that I don't think about the Jenks house, but this is definitely our home now.

Believe it or not, I haven't taken a lot of pictures this past week, but I will try and post some later.

3 comments:

  1. We miss you guys, but are so glad you are settled in and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it couldn't have gone any better. So happy for you guys!

    By the way... Becky, you're a stud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, Katie. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete