Thursday, February 18, 2010

All too Quickly

I have been going through some mixed emotions lately. Our move to Ponca City is coming all too quickly. We had a realtor come last week and give us a heads up on what we need to do to get our house ready to sell. We've been in this house for 9 years, and we've taken very good care of it, but a few things need to be done. We want it in tip-top shape. I love this house! This house is full of memories and love. I almost feel guilty for selling it. I know we have a beautiful house waiting on us in Ponca, and I love that house too, but it doesn't make getting rid of this one any easier. I can just see myself driving by this house every time I come to Tulsa. Yep, I will. I'm not even going to deny it. I am just praying that the new owner loves it as much as we do. We hope to have a "For Sale" sign in the front yard by the end of the month. That will bring tears I'm sure.

Here's a scan of part of a scrapbook page I did after we bought this house.

I'm standing in front of the SOLD sign, but you can't see it. We were soooo excited! Our first night in the house I remember Brad and I laying on the living room floor with no furniture in the room and thinking we were the luckiest people in the world. He looked at me and said, "Can you see me giving horsie back rides in this room?" And, he did......a few years later.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Katie you're going to make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am crying! We have been sitting here talking about this very same thing. We've only been in our house in Muskegon for 8 months, but I'm having a hard time dealing with leaving it soon. I had such hopes for our first home, we had a yard to take care of, flower beds to plant in, a play room to finish in, and some many other wonderful things that I saw us making memories doing. I'm so happy that you guys have a great house to go to in Ponca, that's what is hard for me right now, the unknown of where we will be living in Oklahoma while I try to forget my first home back in Michigan. Sorry I'm rambling, but I totally agree with you, it's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Katie! Look toward all the memories yet to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so many memories. what a sweet post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I can't drive by our house in Tulsa yet - too many emotions. So many memories!

    ReplyDelete