Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love You Forever


Sometimes Jake still lets me hold him. Sometimes he even wants me to carry him up to bed. As I was carrying him to bed tonight, I told him that as long as I could still pick him up I would hold him. Then he says, "Mama, I think when I'm 17 I will have to start carrying you."

This melted my heart. I immediately thought of the book, Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. If you've never read this story, you should. It will make you cry. It's a precious story about the love between a mother and her son.


Seriously, buy this book.

My baby is growing up so fast, and is always reminding me that he can do things on his own. But, when he wants me to hold him, I always will.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

1 comment: