Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Lake

We love the lake! We look forward to going all summer. We were able to go a couple of weekends ago, but I'm just now posting pics. I've slacked off on my blogging this summer. The kids are keeping me busy!

Paige, always riding in style.

Jake enjoys the lake almost more than anyone.
He is always asking when we can go again.

He loves to just swim around,
and when he gets tired he plays in the sand.


Paige is more the "run around the beach" type gal.

She gets in and splashes around,
but almost always stays close to shore.

This is Jake's lake pet. He found a turtle and gave it a temporary home.
The kids watched Mr. Turtle all weekend, and begged to take him home.
We almost caved. Jake's been asking for a pet for quite some time.

He was very excited to show him off!

In the end, Jake decided that Mr. Turtle would rather stay at the lake with his family.
Thank goodness or we may have come home with a turtle.
I have a feeling that this will be a new tradition at the lake. He will want to find a turtle and take care of it while we're there and then set him free at the end of the weekend.
Works for me!



3 comments:

  1. What fun! If we don't get an ocean here, at least we have some gorgeous lakes to play at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my most favorite things to do growing up was visit my Aunt and Uncle at the lake and ride on their boat! I've never been one to enjoy swimming in non-chlorinated bodies of water, but I sure do enjoy the atmosphere and serenity of relaxing at the lake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete