Friday, December 4, 2009

Shoppin' with my Mama

Today was such a great day! My mom and I went Christmas shopping....just the two of us. I get to spend a lot of time with my mom, but most of the time we are with the kids too. It was so nice to just hang out together and talk about whatever we wanted to without being interrupted. We started off at a little boutique to return something and before you know it we are both trying on clothes in the same dressing room having fun like two college girlfriends. My mom never buys anything for herself, and it was so fun to see how excited she got over these super cute clothes! She had on a pair of Joe's skinny jeans, a seamless shirt with a sweater over it, and a pair of boots with her jeans tucked in. I wish I had my camera because she was just adorable!!! She ended up buying the seamless shirt and two sweaters.

We worked up an appetite so we ate lunch before heading to the mall. We knocked out almost everyone on our list in just a few short hours. The mall is a whole new experience when you aren't pushing a stroller. I really must go shopping without the kids more often. My mom is a much better shopping partner than Paige. We shopped, talked, drank diet cokes, tried on clothes together, and did lots of laughing! I look forward to having these same shopping trips each year with my mom, and someday having Paige join us for these mother-daughter adventures!

This day will be etched in my memory forever.....

No comments:

Post a Comment