Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

This is the time of year we should all reflect on what we are thankful for. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! The whole reason for getting together on this special day is to celebrate family, eat turkey and pumpkin pie, and think about all of our blessings.

I have so much to be thankful for. I have a husband who I'm still crazy in love with, a son who is so special that I know he is destined to be something great, and a daughter who is so full of life I can't help but smile every time she enters the room. I love this little family so much that my heart aches.

I also am thankful for my parents and my brothers. My family has always been very close, and I know that any one of them would be here for me in a heartbeat if I needed them to be. I actually look forward to spending time with each of them. It's not a "chore" or something I feel like I have to do because I'm supposed to. I am also thankful that I am getting a wonderful and gracious new stepmom. My dad has found an amazing lady to share his life with.

I am thankful for my in-laws. I married into a loving family who treats me as a daughter and not an in-law. I have a sister-in-law who is the only real sister I've ever had. I sometimes forget that we didn't grow up together.

I am so thankful for a wonderful group of girlfriends! I am blessed to have friends that I consider family. It is rare in life to find even one friend that will always be there for you, and I have found several.

I am thankful that on Thanksgiving day I will be reminded once again how blessed I am to be sharing that day with our familes as we fill our plates with yummy food, sit around and talk about old times, watch the kids play, and miss the loved ones that won't be there.

I hope each one of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have tons to say grace over. You are blessed, and I bet your family is just as thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful for you, friend. hope you had a good time with your fam!

    ReplyDelete