Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

Now that Paige is getting older I see how Jake and Paige's relationship has changed. I used to hear Jake say, "Oh Mommy, isn't Sissy cute?" Now it's, "MOM, Sis won't leave me alone!"
And, I don't know how many times a day I hear Paige say, "Bubby, eve me alone!" or "Bubby, me do it." But, even as they argue or irritate each other, they have such a loving bond. Just as I think I can't take anymore fighting they will start laughing and playing together.
This morning Paige asked me to hold her, but I was getting ready to take a shower. She crawled up into bed and said, "Bubby, hold me." It was precious, and it almost made me cry. I took this picture after she laid in his lap and he started rubbing her hair.

When they start fighting tomorrow I will just think about this moment and remember that it's just a little sibling rivalry....

5 comments:

  1. Those moments don't happen very often but when they do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they will grow up super close and adore each other into adulthood. Jake will be the measure for all her future beaus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I can't wait to hear 'the change'...I occassionally hear them 'talking' to and playing with each other, but a lot of it right now is screaming followed by crying.

    I especially love the pic and moment of Paige asking Jake to hold her.

    ReplyDelete